REQUIRED INFORMATION to RELEASE VEHICLE
Vehicle can be released to registered owner or a relative with the same last name. In addition to paying fees, you will need the following to release your vehicle:
- Proof of Insurance in your name
- Current registration, title, or lease agreement
- License Plate Number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Picture ID, such as Driver’s License or Minnesota ID Card
A licensed driver is required to drive the vehicle from the lot. Otherwise, you may arrange to have the vehicle towed from the lot.
ACCEPTED FORMS for PAYMENT
- Cash only for vehicles towed out side of Minneapolis
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, Money Orders, Cashier Checks
AUTHORIZING SOMEONE ELSE to RELEASE VEHICLE
A person who is not the registered owner may pick up the vehicle, or remove property from the vehicle, if they have a notarized statement from the registered owner that includes:
- The name of the authorized person
- A photo copy of the registered owener’s ID or Driver’s License.
- License Plate Number or Vehicle Indentification Number (VIN)
- Make and year of the vehicle
Fax authorized to the Cedar Lot at (612) 721-2642.
To release a rental vehicle, a person must present the rental agreement and the matching ID or Driver’s License on the agreement.
In some cases, the rental company must be notified by the renter and vehicle will only be released with a faxed authorized letter from the rental company naming who can pick up the vehicle.
CedarTowing@gmail.com in the email please put in subject line Make of vehicle and license plate number
Amount owed: _______________
Please note all vehicle storage goes up at midnight 35.00
Thank you for visiting the Cedar Towing & Auction Inc. website. We are in the process of updating our content. Please check back next time!
For more information or to request for assistance, please call us at 612-721-6645.